Using Revolution only in a command line mode?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon May 15 16:33:52 EDT 2006

On May 13, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Glen Bojsza wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody has used  Revolution in a non-Gui
> environment. I
> am finding several cases where telecom vendors don't support a
> windowing
> system on their linux products, only the command line. I believe that
> Metacard use to be able to run in this type of environment and hope
> that
> revolution would.

I have run Rev as command-line on Windows and have run a command-line
version on OS X.  I don't know if they will work in a non-GUI
environment, I can run them without using any GUI that I know of.  I
have also run standalones from the command line, but I think they
need to have a GUI environment.

There have been some bugs in command-line parsing for Windows.  There
are workarounds if you don't use quotes.  I suspect these bugs do not
show up in Linux.

There are some bugs/features in Windows concerning stdin and stdout
that limit your use.

Dar