New launch document command

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 13 13:24:07 EDT 2006

Klaus Major wrote:
> Grüezi Till,
>
>> if I only indicate the file name then I get the same effect. If I add
>> the path of the program then everything works fine
>>
>> so
>> launch "/Users/tibi/Desktop/Monatsformat.pdf" does not work
>
> this will work fine with the correct syntax, does here at least (OS X
> 10.4.6):
>
> ..
> launch DOCUMENT "/Users/klaus/Desktop/PeDeEff.pdf"

Till, Klaus, thank you both for  checking this. My stack does use the
correct "launch document" command but it turns out my client was using
the wrong file path. I'll report this to Bugzilla, because even though
it is user error, Rev still should not crash.

In the mean time, anyone who is using the new "launch document" command
should add something like this to their script to be safe:

  if there is a file tFilePath -- check for existence!
  then launch document tFilePath

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com