Small caps in unicode field

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue May 9 16:06:39 EDT 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Terry Vogelaar wrote:

> How can I display small caps in a field? I have set the textfont to
> the opentype font "Warnock Pro,utf-8" and the font contains glyphs
> for small caps. They are in the range unicode glyph 273 to 298. So
> I tried to set the htmltext to đ or đ tried copy-pasting
> from InDesign and FontGridMac / FontExplorer, but nothing seems to
> work. I cannot figure out how to do this.

Those are not the Unicode codes for small caps.  Those codes are for
for a range of characters in Latin extended A starting with LATIN
SMALL LETTER D WITH STROKE.

Perhaps those are the font-glyph codes.

Small caps are not in Unicode, they are considered a matter of
typography, not character selection.

Try lowercase, uppercase with (say) bold, or a private range (U+E000
block) in Unicode.  The font maker might help.

Also, I have had trouble getting the right font in unicode in Rev.
Sometimes Rev will chose a font that does not have that character,
even though several fonts do have that character.  While
experimenting, you might want to turn off some fonts.  Also,
sometimes it helps to use "japanese" as the language.

It you want small caps, you might also try changing the size and
using caps.

Dar Scott