Use an iPod as a USB drive ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue May 9 14:29:33 EDT 2006

Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> I do this all of the time.
>
> In iTunes you have to turn on the use as hard drive option in case
> you didn't know.

Thanks to Tom, Ian and Marian. If only Apple had actually said this on
their web site (I may have missed it, but I had a good look - over an
hour today - trying to find a straightforward statement that this can be
done).

I came across a reference that said "I wish iPod could do this like
other MP3 players and let you just copy files over like you do to any
USB drive", which left me unsure that it could work that way.

Thanks again.