The end of OS9 development

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue May 9 05:21:56 EDT 2006

Hello Martin,

All I know about it, is from the web site. It says that Revolution
2.7 for Mac OS 9 will be released soon. Also, the standalone builder
tells me that an engine for Mac OS 9, as well as Linux and Unix, will
be available during the 2.7.x cycle.

Although I completely understand that Mac OS 9 is frozen now, some of
my clients prefer to save as much money as possible on hardware and
want me to build standalones for their old machines. What I'm making
for them doesn't need a dual G5 or an Intel, they just need software
that works. Although I can make standalones by saving my work in
legacy format and building the Mac OS 9 standalone in Rev 2.6.1, it
would save me time if I could build all standalones at once. I hope
that another two or three releases will be made available for Mac OS
9, somehow, before RunRev Ltd completely drops it.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 9-mei-2006, om 9:00 heeft Martin Baxter het volgende geschreven: