Allow uppercase only in a field

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:08:36 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I have a field where users can type, but I only allow some letters &
symbols through and then I want them all to be uppercase, although I
want to allow the users to be able to type in lower case.

I have the restricted characters working fine in a keyDown handler,
and I have the field changing to upper case in the keyUp handler, but
I still see the lower case letter briefly before it changes.

What I REALLY want is to change the keyDown parameter as I pass it.

Has anyone already solved this problem?

Regards,
Sarah