Enhancements in your opinion?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Mon May 8 12:42:01 EDT 2006

If you have your initialization stuff triggered by an 'on startup',
'on openStack' or 'on preOpenStack' handler, you can simply type

send "startup" (or openStack etc) to stack "myStack" in the msg box
when in the IDE, and it will run.

There is a menu item in the IDE menu "Development" called "Suspend
Development Tools", this basically turns off the IDE (of course,
you're still using the same instance of the engine, so the turning
off may not be absolute).

So, during development, it might be a simple thing to have a button
in your main stack that sends the startup/openStack message, so you
you can suspend the IDE, hit the button, and off you go.

I think that having this sort of startup behaviour triggered simply
by choosing the browse tool might interfere too much in many peoples
development practices (certainly mine, as someone who has been using
X-Talk for years), but I can certainly see the point of what you're
suggesting.

Best,
Mark