preOpenStack, openStack in Card 1?? Rules conformation.

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 17:25:15 EST 2006

> I assume this means "the openStack script in whatever card
> you FIRST go to in the stack" This could cause a problem if
> you have an "openstack" in a sub-stack .... !

Ahh, you are now bring up an event question 1st 2nd 3rd.

-------- the setup
Main Stack ------------- no scripts or buttons needed

Sub Stack "Charlie" --------------------------
Stack script
on openStack
  put the ticks && "stack Charlie (openStack) "&cr & msg
end openStack

Card 1 script
on opencard
  put the ticks && "card 1 of Charlie  (opencard)"&cr & msg
end opencard

on openStack
  put the ticks && "card 1 of Charlie (openstack)"&cr & msg
pass openstack
end openStack

Card 2 script
on opencard
  put the ticks && "card 2 of Charlie  (opencard)"&cr & msg
end opencard

on openStack
  put the ticks && "card 2 of Charlie (openstack)"&cr & msg
pass openstack
end openStack

----------------------
Now CLOSE and save stack "Charlie"
Type in the message box
go card 2 of stack "Charlie"

RESULT is an openstack>card2,
openstack passed to >stack,
 then an opencard>card2

--the message box will show
68625425093 card 2 of Charlie  (opencard)
68625425093 stack Charlie (openStack)
68625425093 card 2 of Charlie (openstack)

If card 2 is already open (thus stack is open) no 'opencard or openstack is
sent'
If card 1 is already open, only the opencard is sent to card 2

Version 2.6.1, OSX 10.4.2

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas