Problems with revcopyfile

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 16:02:59 EST 2006

--- Jonathan Kotthoff <jonkotthoff at clarionstl.com>
wrote:
> This does not seem like it should be this hard...I
> must be missing
> something...i am running 2.7 making a simple stack
> that will copy a
> file to a target on Winows XP and Mac OS X.4...
>
> here is the code:
>
> on mouseUp
>    -- bring up a standard system "save as" file
> selector
>
>    ask file "Save file as:"
> -- if the user cancels, exit without saving
>    if it is empty then exit mouseUp
>    -- put it into filePath
>    put it into filePath
> -- Copy file
>   revCopyFile "/Content/rubyonrails.pdf",filePath
> end mouseUp
>
> no file is copied to the target folder however...
>
> anybody have an example of a stack that copies or an
> explanation
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

As the 'revCopyFile' command effectively uses
OS-specific means to copy the file (AppleScript on
MacOS, shell commands on other platforms), you need to
feed it a full path to the source and target file.

Of course, if you're not on a Mac or don't need to
copy any MacOS 9 - style 'resource fork', you can
easily copy the file yourself using:
  put URL ("binfile:" & tSourcePath) into URL
("binfile" & tTargetPath)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution