Applescript?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Mar 29 01:15:28 EST 2006

On 3/28/06 3:16 PM, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

> Hi Troy,
>
>> I have an older application which relies on getting returns to
>> Applescript via telling Revolution to "do script", this app used to
>> work fine in 2.6.1 and earlier, but fails silently in 2.7.x
>>
>> My Applescript tool (Late Night Software's "Script Debugger X")
>> claims that Revolution is not scriptable, where it used to show
>> support for "do script"... any ideas?
>
> I have asked this a couple of times on this list some time ago, but
> nobody seemed
> to care or answered my question...
>
> But what is even stranger: MetaCard (SAME engine!!!) IS scriptable!!!???
>
> Any hints from the "highlanders"? :-)

Yes... the reason is that MetaCard still contains a number of resources in
the "resource fork" of the application, including the all-important "aete"
(AppleEvent Terminology) resource. Revolution doesn't contain this "aete"
resource. If you use ResFool to copy the 'aete' from MetaCard to Revolution,
I'm sure it will become "visible" to Script Debugger X, et al...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com