Avoiding line cut-off in a multipage printout

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sun Mar 26 19:57:51 EST 2006

Graham,
This is what I do, also and I agree that using the formattedHeight of
characters seems more convoluted than one would like.  Or perhaps I
don't understand things well enough.  I've found that when I switch
to < formatForPrinting > the heights of things change enough to cause
problems with any exact calculation I might have done  (last line may
be partially clipped) unless I leave some wiggle room in my
calculations.  Using lines would be nice.

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)
web     http://elementarysoftware.com/