Very Very Very Basic Question!!!!!

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Mar 23 12:27:34 EST 2006

Hi,

> As for the second line, since myData is declared locally what do
> you want to do with it?  It's scope suggests that nothing is done
> with it, since it's declared inside the handler and the handler
> doesn't do anything with it before it exits.

It was just an example, in the real stack I am doing real things with
the data, see my posts in "	Re: Weirdness Passing Messages"

> Interestingly, if I change the script in the field to this:
>
>    set the text of me to  "XXXXX"

Bingo! Should this work? Is this a bug? I can see (just) that:

put "XXXXX"  into me

may not work, but not the "set the text of me" form?????

I am about to change it (all over the place) to use:

set the text of the long name of me to "XXXXX"

As this *seems* solid.

One more question: Is it better to use "the long id of me" or "the
long name of me" ???????

Thanks a lot, I really do appreciate you taking the time to look at
this.

All the Best
Dave

It was just an