Terrible RunRev Bug? - Was Weirdness Passing Messages

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 23 11:31:42 EST 2006

David Burgun wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem that first I thought was something that I was doing
> wrong but now I'm not sure and would like confirmation of how the
> Context mechanism works in RunRev.

I am almost certain you have not found a "terrible bug" but instead may
be experiencing a misunderstanding of the message hierarchy and the
contexts in whch it works.

The deal is, a lot of us are very busy and don't have time to recreate
your stack or do the experiment to diagnose what the problem is. Your
description, while extensive, is written in a way that I find difficult
to follow in a brief reading, so I haven't done much more than skim your
messages to get a generic idea of what's happening.

It would be very easy to find the problem if you could set up a test
stack and upload it somewhere. Then I will download it, and maybe others
will too, and I'll probably be able to pinpoint the problem in a few
minutes.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com