URL 'file:' format

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 23 08:20:56 EST 2006

Graham wrote:

> Anyway I tried to create 'someFileDesignation' as
>
>   "file:/C:/MyFirstDirectory/MySecondDirectory/Mydoc.text"
>
> where everything after the "file:/" is a known valid file path

Remove the "/" after "file:" and you're good.  Win paths begin with the
drive letter only, without the preceeding "/".

Elsewhere Graham wrote:

> I may not be a luddite but I guess I'm a troglodyte

As "The Living Fossil" wouldn't that make you a trilobyte?

> - anyway a lot goes on in the world that I don't see.
> My real question is, does Gaskin ever sleep?

Only as much as Thomas Jefferson: a few hours at night and a couple in
the afternoon.  It seems to work well for me in nearly everything except
my spellling.  :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal