Keeping windows together on Windows XP

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 17:33:17 EST 2006

Is it just me, or is it rather difficult to keep a number of
different windows (stacks) together on Windows XP without the
possibility of a window from another application getting in between
them? For example, I have a mainstack, a couple of palettes, and a
kind of homegrown backdrop. I can force the palettes to the front,
the mainstack to the middle and the backdrop to the back, but I can't
stop for example a Windows Explorer window from getting in between
the two non-palette stacks. What I would like is to take charge of
the whole front of the screen while my app is active - is this
possible? Haven't found anything about it in the RR docs. I know
about the resumeStack message but I'm not sure if I could use it to
accomplish what I want.

TIA

Graham