Windows Dunce Question (probably OT)

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 10:12:37 EST 2006

Hello folks.

Question here from complete Windows dope.  What am I doing wrong?
I've installed Rev on PC to test and tweak stuff I've written on Mac.
But... any .rev files I see have the wrong icon. Presumably the file
association is wrong on my system.  I have tried going to
"properties" of file and choosing Revolution as the prog to open the
file.  But a) Rev isn't in the list...  and b) if I then "browse" for
Rev, the PC won't add Rev to the list or associate it with the file.

Upshot is, I can't double-click file (without opening wrong program)
or drag file to Rev program (if I do, it opens Rev but Rev ignores
file).  The only way I can open the file is by ctrl-O and choosing
from dlog... - and that's just oh-so-last-century...

Do any of you Windows experts have any suggestions?  Do I have a
screwed up registry or something?  Or just a screwed up Mac user?

Help!

Chris