How does 'Create Folder' give its result?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 18:20:24 EST 2006

On 3/16/06 1:48 PM, "Stephen Barncard" <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
wrote:
> Have you put the command in a 'try' structure?>
> Syntax:
> try
>    statementList
> catch errorVariable   errorStatementsList
>    [finally   cleanupStatementsList]
> end try
>snip
>
> Use the try control structure to execute a series of statements and
> handle any error messages in the catch section, instead of letting
> Revolution display the error window.

The "catch" with using [try-catch] with the [create folder] failure is that
it is not a Rev error, so no catch is triggered.  You do need to test the
result returned by the operating system.

A Rev error is one that is a operation such as
put 4 * marbleCount into totalMarbles
and marbleCount is not a number.  In this case, a try structure would work
and allow some alternate course of action without stopping the program.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas