[OT] Spotlight and Tiger

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Mar 15 15:07:31 EST 2006

Does anyone here know about a way to turn off all Spotlight activity
and replace it with the the Panther style search?

I really, really HATE Spotlight. I just want to search filenames, not
the content. In spotlight I get way more hits than I need. I design
all my filenames to tell me all I need to know.

I also hate the way it anticipates my typing, as it blocks any other
activity, and if you make a mistake, one is faced with the dreaded
spinning beachball until it is ready. Finally there are hardly any
adjustments in its panel to turn any of this behavior off. This thing
blows so many HUI guidlines it's not funny.

Is anyone else annoyed with this horrible 'feature' of an otherwise great OS?

sqb
--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o