Render Images

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 07:35:36 EST 2006

Hello all -

I've been away for a few months and lo! when I get back to Rev (just
when I thought I was starting to get the hang of it) they go and
release a new version...   :-)

A question:  the release blurb for 2.7 says: "Render an image from
any object on-screen, preserving the alpha channel, then transform
and save."  Now this seems to be exactly what I need!...  I would
like to convert some formatted text (i.e. a field) to a PNG file with
transparency.  Can I do this in 2.7?  Can't find reference to this in
docs.

I can achieve a similar effect by exporting (via snapshot) text on a
white background then displaying resulting image using the "multiply"
or "screen" inks (which are brilliant, btw) but that limits my
options for colours in text.

Any ideas???

Regards,

Chris