Font character shape

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Mar 11 12:43:34 EST 2006

Recently, Paul Claude wrote:

> I've copied a field from an external stack in my own stack and all the
> characters in this field are changed and looks bad; my stack uses the same
> font (Arial narrow), the same size and style (controlled also with the
> "effective" keyword), but the two stacks, together opened in Rev 2.7, looks
> very different.
>
> In my stack the shape of characters seems raw, and in the original stack the
> shape seems perfect. There is some stack general property that change the
> look of the characters (antialiasing, etc.)? I haven't found nothing in the
> Rev documentation.

What platform/system version?  Does your stack have a custom windowshape?

There appears to be a bug with text antialiasing in Rev 2.7, on Mac OS X
10.3.9 -- specifically the text antialiasing gets removed.  The bug does not
appear to be present on more recent systems.  The Rev developers are aware
of this.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director