2.7 Anomaly -- barber pole and table field inside combo box

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 9 15:28:18 EST 2006

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> Aha! I see this again in the Japanese Font menu just mentioned.
>
> Sometimes combo boxes look really strange - like the field part in the
> control has huge  table-like borders plus a 'barber-pole' graphic behind
> it (usually used for progress indication). A real mess and one can't
> read the field text. Has this been reported?

Yes. I saw it once (and bugzillaed it), and it has come into the tech
queue a couple of times too. One of the RR people also reports he's seen
it. The problem is -- no one can reproduce it at will, and restarting
the app clears the problem. If you get a recipe, do tell. I haven't been
able to reproduce it again since it happened that one time, and I don't
know what triggered it.

By the way, it isn't just combo boxes. I saw it in the dictionary and
inspector.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com