Revolution Media Presentation Viewable on Web?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Tue Jun 27 14:22:30 EDT 2006

Apple publicly demonstrated a plugin that enabled HyperCard stacks to be run
within web pages. Unfortunately it never saw distribution. Flash and
Director both have connections to HyperCard from way back. Frankly, a
web-plugin is a natural for Rev. It would let us developers write games and
really awesome interfaces to data sources... the mind boggles at the
possibilities.

What we're really talking about is a new distribution channel for our
creative work. All the philosophical musings about whether the plugin wars
are over or whether Rev is an apple or an orange are moot. The dust has far
from settled on the Internet.

I'd like to see Rev make a nice web plugin. A meg or 2 isn't really that
awful nowadays. The key issue would be security/sandbox concerns.