PDFs displayed in Player!

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 12:46:50 EDT 2006

Outrageous! I didn't know this was possible!

In Rev 2.7.2 Mac, I just made a new stack, added a player object and set
its filename to a multipage PDF on my machine. To my great surprise, the
document displays perfectly and I can flip through the pages with the
player controls.

The player can of course be resized to make the document content larger
or smaller, and the player's formattedWidth & formattedHeight also work
as expected. The player's formattedHeight corresponds to the native
height of a single page of the PDF, not to that of the entire doc.

Oh my goodness gracious! (to quote Aunt Bea)

Phil Davis

(Just tried displaying a single-page TIFF in the player - it works too.
I can't find a multi-page TIFF to try.)