Stop videoclip from playing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 20 16:07:56 EDT 2006

Paul Malloy wrote:
> Sorry for the repeat post, but I got no responses last time. I have searched
> the documentation and tried several fixes to no avail.
>
> I want to display a videoClip (a Quicktime movie that has been imported into
> the stack) on my opening card, then stop playing when the user moves to the
> next card. The following script plays the movie fine, but the movie
> continues to appear superimposed on all subsequent cards.
>
> on opencard
>   set the scale of videoclip 1176 to 0.35
>   play videoclip 1176 at 500,200 looping
>   send "startRolling" to fld "Credits"
> end opencard
>
> on closeCard
>   stop playing videoclip 1176
> end closeCard
>
> I suspect the message is not getting "passed" but I can't figure out how to
> fix it. Thanks in advance.

If you have no other closeCard handlers ahead of this one in the
hierarchy, the message should be received by the card. Are your
opencard/closecard handlers in the card? Does the videoclip continue to
play when you change cards, or is it static when it is superimposed on
other cards? If it is static, then the message was received but the clip
was not hidden. If it continues to play, then probably you have a
closecard handler somewhere else that is interfering, or you haven't
placed the handlers in the card layer where they will trigger.

I think we need more info.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com