Did I miss something?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Tue Jun 20 15:28:38 EDT 2006

Derek Bump (dreamscapesoftware.com) wrote:
> I've used Axialis Icon Workshop, and it is a wonderful program.
>  It just kinda drives me crazy that, since Revolution is a
> development application, that an Icon editor would not have
> been already created.

Derek,

I think your vision of having an integrated icon creation/editor in the
standalone builder is a terrific idea. I would say that creation is more
important than editing due to the abundance of artistic software already
available. During application development, the icon is the very last item
on my agenda. So often, when I go to build my first standalone after a
long and laborious development cycle, I just leave the ugly box icon that
Rev offers. I would much prefer to at least have a selection of premade
icons (like the image library) to choose from. The ability to paste or
load in any image would also be a plus. The only important thing to me at
this stage of development is to use an image that is colorful and provides
a general idea of the type of application. I would want the icon
creator/editor to create icons that work in any platform I am building,
and in all the required resolutions and bit-depths. The fancy masking
functions and photoshop-like filters are not important as long as
transparency is honored when present in imported images. When my apps are
ready to ship, I can then use photoshop or fireworks, etc. to create
better icons. Rev would be a better product if it had this capability
regardless of what Mr. Gaskin has to say about it, IMHO.  :-)  I agree
with him that this is no easy task, but if you are driven by your own
passions to accomplish this goal, I support your efforts to improve our
favorite development environment.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>