Rev ACG for Kagi

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 20 12:27:31 EDT 2006

Paul Claude wrote:
>>> I've been discussing (and started) developing Rev CGI for ACG with Ty. Looks
>>> like we might have a rev only solution very soon. Apparently I'm the first
>>> person to ask about Rev ACG.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Monte
>
> I've made a stack to generate license codes, but I need to let it works with
> Kagi payment system (I don't know anything about CGI); Kagi wrote this to
> me:
>
>> You need to get the application to respond as a
>> CGI, conforming to the ACG spec.
>>
>> The Spec can be downloaded here:
>> <http://www.kagi.com/acg/Specifications/ACGSpecification.html>
>>
>> A CGI is a command line application.  I am sure that RRR has CGI frameworks.
>>
>> ty
>
> There is some sample of Rev ACG to get, process and back CGI data (license
> code) to the Kagi payment system?

I think you can just send Kagi a list of license codes and they will
send them out for you one at a time. This will work fine if your codes
are not tied to any user-specific data, such as a user name. If they are
just generic codes that will work for any user, it will be fine. This is
the easiest way to do what you want, because Kagi handles everything.

If you do want to build a code that is tied to user-specific data like
the user name, then you have to generate them on the fly. This is what
Kagi is talking about in the note you got from them. I don't think there
has been a publicly released CGI Rev system for that (though I have made
one for a client.) It is fairly complex.

But the good news is that I was discussing this problem with Kagi at
RevCon West and they are almost ready to release a Rev-based stack that
will do the work for you. If you can wait a little while, it may be
available pretty soon. Maybe Kee from Kagi will respond and give more info.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com