RevConWest 2006

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 19 15:24:49 EDT 2006

All-

Now that I'm at home recovering, I want to add my tupence about
RevConWest 2006.

Chipp and Dan did a tremendous job putting this conference together.
It's an enormous amount of work and time and money and risks and
headaches getting an event like this to come off at all, much less
with this sort of success. I know I personally get so wrapped up in
the fun and excitement of the conference itself that I tend to forget
what it takes to get this organized. My head is still spinning from
the idea that you can stuff a whole stack into a custom property - now
I need to find a problem I can solve that way - it's too clever a hack
to leave alone.

So while there's some fantastic talent here that provides the
conference content, my hat's off to Chipp and Dan for bringing us
together, getting us fired up, and providing us the opportunity to
challenge each other and ourselves, debug each other's code,
brainstorm, heckle, drink, tell jokes, and put a human context on the
runrev development process. Thanks, guys.

Each year I come back from the conference in Monterey assured that
this is the best money I have ever spent on programming.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net