stack crashes Rev

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 18:03:57 EDT 2006

On 6/11/06, Byron Turner <byront at mac.com> wrote:
> The current version of a stack crashes rev as do the last 2 versions
> of the stack. Versions 3 generations ago are fine. It probably would
> only take me half a day to recreate what was lost, but I'd sure like
> to avoid that. Is there some trick to opening stacks that might make
> a crash less likely (at least to recover scripts).
>
> I've tried this stack with rev studio 2.7.2 on both PPC and Intel Macs

If you click the button on the toolbar labeled "Messages", you will
"lock messgaes" so wwhen you open the stack, the preOpenStack/Card &
openStack/Card messages will never be sent to your stack. If that's
where you problem is, you can get into the stack and edit it then.

If that fails, open the stack in a text editor and buried in all the
weird characters, you will see you scripts in plain text, so you can
copy them out.

HTH,
Sarah