More Imagedata Issues

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 27 12:21:16 EDT 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 9:23 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Rev knows the paintCompression of image 3.  When it changes image
> 3's text property based on the imageData why is it converted to png
> format instead of, in this case, gif format?

I can guess.

Normally, a gif is limited to 256 colors.  An imageData can represent
lots more.  So when an imageData is set, the engine creates a PNG for
it.

Some folks have noticed that the same PNG has a different imageData
on different platforms.  I have noticed that removing the gamma from
a PNG will change the imageData of an image object it is put into.

So, if the fetched imageData is after some fiddling, does setting the
imageData do some unfiddling to make the pixels?  Or is something set
in the image so the image pixels equal the imageData pixels?

Just wondering.

Dar