programatically eject drive

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jul 26 15:31:34 EDT 2006

 From the Sample Script collection, which you can download at the
Ecoomy-x-Talk homepage:

on ejectVolumes()
   set ull to {}
   tell application "Finder"
     set ull to disks
     repeat with i from 1 to (the number of items of ull)
        if ejectable of item i of ull then eject (item i of ull)
     end repeat
   end tell
end ejectVolumes

The script in the Sample Script Stack is for Mac OS 9. In the
original script, "put away" us used instead of "eject". So, for Mac
OS 9, that line would be

   if ejectable of item i of ull then put away (item i of ull)

I don't know a solution for Windows yet. I suspect it will be a VB
script, but there is also a utility eject.exe at this web site, which
may be useful (I haven't tried myself): <http://www.kohnos.net/tools/
tools.html>.

On Linux, and probably on Mac OS X and other Unices, you should
(also) be able to use the following or a similar shell command:

   # umount /mnt/cdrom

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download ErrorLib at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html and
get full control of error handling in Revolution.

Op 26-jul-2006, om 21:02 heeft Viktoras Didziulis het volgende
geschreven: