Imagedata row order

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 25 22:29:10 EDT 2006

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
 > It looks like the IDE sets the default paintCompression
 > to PNG instead of RLE, so I suspect it will actually be
 > PNG unless you're using a standalone.

Is this user-settable in the IDE?

If not, what is the benefit of concealing the engine's true behavior?

Introducing differences between the engine's native behavior and the
IDE's modifications of that should be done only with great care, and
ideally with user-settable preferences which draw attention to these
anomalies.

Differences between runtime and development make it harder to diagnose
problem runtime problems from within the development environment,
raising development costs unnecessarily.

Know the engine.
Trust the engine.
Use the engine.

--