Tip: Fadeout effect using blendLevel?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Jul 18 12:20:50 EDT 2006

Hi Peter -

Don't know where the tip is, but I used the fade-out approach recently
for a stack. It's pretty easy. The following script is untested, but
gives the idea:

on fadeOut pObjectLongID
  repeat with x = the blendLevel of pObjectLongID to 100
    set the blendLevel of pObjectLongID to x
    wait 2 ticks -- adjust this value to change fade-out speed
  end repeat

  #-- NOW THE OBJECT IS NOT VISIBLE

  -- prep the object for subsequent fade-in
  hide pObjectLongID
  set the blendLevel of pObjectLongID to 0 -- make it opaque again
end fadeOut

HTH -
Phil Davis