Dependence on Programming Experts

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Jul 13 01:18:24 EDT 2006

Hmmm... I guess I *used* to think that way...

Then my Dad let me use one of his/early?? HP brick RPN calculators.

Now I can't remember how I think.

Here's another example:

Here's the number of formatting styles I've had to "learn" over the years
in academia:

Chicago Style
Harvard Style
AP Style
APA Style
Whatever's-Used for Legal Style
Whatever's-Used for Scientific Writing

And probably a few others I can't even remember anymore.

Result?

I can't write citations and bibliography references to save my soul.
They've all merged into this shapeless,  useless mishmash of "styles" such
that if I want to submit something for publication, I have to hire
somebody to do the formatting.

Judy