Dependence on Programming Experts

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jul 12 10:54:27 EDT 2006

Richard, et al:

>The key thing to remember with this proposed addition is that it's
>an ADDITION, and OPTION that one can CHOOSE to use if they like, or
>not if they don't.

And if Pascal programmers want := does Rev support yet another
OPTION.  And if you want VB syntax, do we add yet another OPTION?

A collection of the "best" syntax from multiple languages would not,
IMO,make the "best" development platform.  There needs to be some
overall logic & consistency:  XTalk provides it.

So my preferred OPTION is that people learn and use the syntax
specific to the platform with which they are working.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company