[OT] Market Share

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Jul 9 19:23:19 EDT 2006

Bill and Richard

I couldn't agree with you more.  I would only add that it's much
harder to develop for a moving target, aka the Mac OSX, than the major
update every 5 years with Windows.

Frankly, I'm in the minority as I *much* prefer *not* having to
purchase an update for my OS every year. I guess I can live without
the latest transparent window effect, or dashboard widgets, or the
latest hyped feature from Jobs. I just want a solid, robust, OS.

Forget the cost, every OSX release has been fraught with bugs and
inconsistencies which send developers scurrying to provide updates.
I've said it before, but we spend at least 4X the resources keeping
our Mac products updated as we do Windows.

Also, as many Mac users already know, one doesn't typically install
the dot zero OSX.x release. Even my good buddy, Bob LeVitus (Dr. Mac)
knows this-- though he does enjoy having to release new books every
time Apple releases a new 'CAT.'

Rob, you're right on. For those who haven't at least TRIED windows
lately, they could be in for a surprise. But, to each his own taste,
for sure!

-Chipp