Rev for Linux "Seal of Approval"

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Thu Jul 6 15:01:14 EDT 2006

Just after starting this thread, I received the following news. I am
mentioning it because it seems to correspond exactly to my idea of
selecting a single distro (or small range of distros) for Rev's "seal of
approval" in order to be more practical:

  AUSTIN, Texas, USA (July 6, 2006) — REAL Software, Inc., provider of
REALbasic, cross-platform that really works, announced today that
REALbasic 2006 Release 3 for Linux is available now. In addition to the
over 100 features and fixes that have been added, REALbasic 2006 Release
3 for Linux has been specifically tested and optimized for use with SUSE
Linux Enterprise Desktop from Novell.

"SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop is the best Linux desktop on the market,"
stated Geoff Perlman, president and CEO of REAL Software. "Rather than
waiting for Vista we think many IT managers and CIOs will now make the
move to Linux because it's more secure, less expensive, and much more
open than Windows. And for those businesses who are still locked into
Windows by their legacy Visual Basic applications, REAL Software will
help move those applications to SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. We look
forward to helping Novell convert a lot of Windows shops to Linux."

I wonder whether their embedded browser (like altBrowser) now works
without tweaking in my Ubuntu Linux?

I DO hope that Rev are not going to miss the boat AGAIN!!

Bob