Dependence on Programming Experts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 5 22:48:23 EDT 2006

Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> I even suffer from A.D.D., and was totally lost at first, even working
> the IDE was causing me some frustration, but then one day... BAM!  And
> now it's like taking the dog for a walk.

I had to smile at this, mostly because I remember you going through it.
Congrats, Garrett, you've crossed over. :) Your learning curve was
pretty classic. First you hate it, then you start to see possibilities,
then you "get it", then the world's your oyster. Takes a few weeks, but
is well worth it.

But as Greg says, not everyone wants to be a programmer. I'm not sure
how Rev could dumb itself down enough to do what Greg wants without any
programming at all. I think Media with its templates is a step in the
right direction, but Rev is definitely a programming environment and
without at least some scripting it can only do so much.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com