Dependence on Programming Experts

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Jul 5 19:19:18 EDT 2006

On Jul 06 2006, at 00:45, GregSmith wrote:

> I have had this very same discussion over at the Unity forums, where
> one
> must master the foggy, poorly documented, illogical language called
> JavaScript, (script, my eye!), to make even the simplest, game-like
> behaviors occur.  And the experts can't help but think to themselves,
> "what
> a moron," whenever I open my mouth with uninsightful questions.
> Programming
> to them, at least at the time they read my ignorant questionings, has
> become
> somewhat second nature, and they can't understand why it is so hard to
> understand.  . . .    Know-wuddi-mean?

HAHA comparing the geeks at the Unity forum to the use list of RunRev
isn't fair.. for the Unity guys! They are prone to point at the
documentation, not answering your questions and behaving snobbish. Been
there, experienced that.

You however have been asked to specify one question, namely about what
you want to do, and so far you haven't, as far as i can tell. Maybe you
should re-evaluate your plans, make a clear path for _yourself_ and
then come back here with it.

On the other hand maybe you have a plan, but hesitated to specify it?
Or maybe you're afraid we laugh and point at you, which surely no one
will (at least not on the use list). Maybe you're just too frustrated
at the moment, and need to take a long walk, these help when I'm
frustrated.

So my tips would be:
1. Don't ask the Unity guys for help.
2. Make clear for yourself what you want.
3. If frustrated, take a long walk.

--

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com