Dependence on Programming Experts

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Wed Jul 5 16:26:30 EDT 2006

GregSmith wrote:
[snip]
> To tell you the truth, after several days of probing, I'm not so sure about
> Revolution being that simple to get a grasp on.  I really want it to be so,
[snip]

There's not a whole lot out there that can match what Rev offers.  The
thing is, Rev is not just a single minded specific tool such as KeyNote.
  Rev is multipurpose tool which can cover a lot of territory that other
tools of this nature can't even come close to.  While it may not seem as
simple as one thinks it should be, but that's because it's a much larger
tool, with which, is not going to be as simple as single purpose tool
like KeyNote.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of things you can do with Rev
that KeyNote is just not capable of doing, and never will be capable of
doing.

Really, if you're just looking for a narrow single purpose tool, then
Rev is not it.  But if you want flexibility and something that gives you
a much broader ability, then Rev is it.

You have to decide what the scope of your project is, then decide which
tool will best fit you and the project at hand.  If you don't need Rev,
then don't get Rev.  If KeyNote will do what you need, then use KeyNote.

-Garrett