What's The Verdict, Web or Not?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Wed Jul 5 11:08:59 EDT 2006

What I meant below was that you could write a Revolution standalone that
requires nothing to be installed on each workstation.  Simply install that
(and whatever stacks and media you need, if you don't pull that off the
web) on a server in the institution, and run the standalone from the
server.  The Revolution would be the "client" in this scenario, but would
require no modification to the workstations.

This would give you the same end result that IT managers are desiring, just
not in a web-browser.

At 10:02 AM 7/5/2006, you wrote:
>Peter T. Evensen wrote:
>
>>Granted, Revolution could deliver the same thing with a small runtime
>>that is installed on a server someplace, eliminating the need to install
>>anything on the client,
>
>You'd still need some sort of client to run downloaded elements, unless I
>misunderstand the scenario you envision.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-682-4588