What's The Verdict, Web or Not?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Wed Jul 5 10:20:19 EDT 2006

This thread has gone on a bit, but I just wanted to chime in.  The main
reason we are getting pressure to deliver a browser-based solution is that
schools do not want to go and "touch" each machine to install
anything.  This includes a new plug-in.  Requiring plug-in removes the
reason for wanting a browser-based product.

Granted, Revolution could deliver the same thing with a small runtime that
is installed on a server someplace, eliminating the need to install
anything on the client, but then everything would have to be redone in
Revolution.

At 10:42 PM 7/4/2006, you wrote:
>There is no such thing as a "plugin war" and never has been one -- people
>can and do have multiple plugins. New ones are still being created. It's not
>a zero-sum game. No comparison to the "browser war" which apparently still
>rages on.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-682-4588