OS X standalone problem

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:02:26 EST 2006

> > I have a standalone app, built using the splash screen method. It runs
> > perfectly on my computer (10.4.3) and on another iMac (10.4.4) but on
> > an iBook (10.4.4) it only runs once. After that it gets to the splash
> > screen but crashes during the preOpenStack handler in the next stack
> > opened. If I extract a new copy of the app from the zip file, it too
> > will work once.
>
> Random guess here but maybe try repairing permissions on the computer
> using Disk Utility?

Thanks Trevor & Tom for your suggestions. Repairing permissions didn't
help and it is a clean install of the system with only my app running,
so it can't be a conflict.

I reverted to an old copy of the app cuilt using Rev 2.2.1 (I think)
and that is working fine. "the version" gives 2.6 instead of the
current one which gives 2.6.6. I have had a couple of problems with
apps built using 2.6.1 but I am always reluctant to revert back.
Hopefully 2.7 will work better for me.

Cheers,
Sarah