File/Picture Chooser Widgets available for Windows XP

Bob Warren robertum at brturbo.com
Wed Jan 18 11:36:50 EST 2006

Dear Windows XP Users (and others),

This is a quick status report on the testing of the file and picture
chooser widgets available for download at

http://www.howsoft.com/downloads/runrev .

On my machines, these widgets work perfectly. However, for some reason
yet to be discovered, they do not work on Ken Ray's machine. In order to
help with the diagnosis, I have released a copy of the file chooser
stack to him.

In the meantime, I suggest that the widgets as they stand should be used
for testing purposes, but not for distribution in any way. I need to
discover whether the difficulty on Ken's machine is an isolated incident
or whether it represents the tip of an iceberg.

So far, Ken has been extremely helpful. But what I need at this moment
is for other Windows XP users to test the widgets and to tell me how
they behave on their machines and their particular flavour of Windows XP.

The sooner I get this issue solved, the sooner I can get to work on the
Linux versions and arrange for a conversion to MAC. RR sadly lacks a
picture chooser with preview, so whatever you can do to help would be of
potential benefit to all.

Thanks guys.

Regards,
Bob