Mactel/Rosetta

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Jan 18 09:50:58 EST 2006

On 18/1/06 06:09, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

>> I don't know if anything "official" has gone out, but Kevin did mention
>> it to the list:
>>
>> <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.revolution.user/74423>
>
> Related, but not the same question.
>
> That post from Kevin addresses universal binaries, which would be nice
> of course, but if Rosetta works at least okay with Rev we're not in as
> much of a critical rush.
>
> The Intel iMacs are shipping now, and the test kits from Apple have been
> available for the last 9 months.
>
> It seems reasonable that someone at RunRev has run Rev under Rosetta and
> can report what we can expect from that while we wait for the ultimate
> goal of universal binaries.

We haven't as yet tested every last feature, but certainly it runs under
Rosetta.  Bear in mind that Apple originally announced shipping in the
middle of this year, so we have a little catching up to do for full
compatibility.  You won't have too long to wait though.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools