Basic SQL database question

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Jan 17 17:32:04 EST 2006

On 17 Jan 2006, at 22:11, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2006, at 12:51 PM, David Bovill wrote:
>

> Most likely.  It could be a bug in 1) binding with PostGreSQL or 2)
> the PostGreSQL revdb code.  I would try coding a raw SQL update
> statement and see what happens.  If that works then I would assume
> it is a binding issue.

The raw SQL works for UPDATE and INSERT. But I am not sure what you
mean by a binding issue - connecting is OK?

NB: this seems to be where the beta 2.0 library fails:

Database error: Error: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "'roles'" at
character 15
  SQL: SELECT * FROM 'roles' WHERE 'id' = -1

IS there a problem with the quoting of 'roles' for PostGreSQL perhaps?