File/Picture Chooser Widgets available for Windows XP

Bob Warren robertum at brturbo.com
Mon Jan 16 13:17:43 EST 2006

Dear Windows XP Users,

I have produced 2 standalone widgets for the selection of files or
pictures (with preview). They are free, and you can use them as you wish.

To download the demo pack, please navigate to:-

http://www.howsoft.com/downloads/runrev/

- where you will find the file:

RunRev_Chooser_Widgets_DEMO_PACK_1.zip

This ZIP archive contains a readme file which gives full instructions
for use and testing.

My real intention is to produce similar widgets for Linux, but I thought
it would be easier to do a Windows XP version first to gain experience,
since I am more familar with Windows. I will be working on the Linux
versions as of now.

Once the similar Linux versions have been produced, I will almost
certainly beautify the widgets in #2, allowing the user to include his
own background image and perhaps using little pictures for the HD tree
nodes instead of the symbols "+" and "--" that I have used in #1.

Thereafter, if the demand exists, we can look into the problem of
producing versions for MAC - facilitated by the existence of the Linux
versions. Unfortunately, I don't possess a Macintosh computer, nor am I
likely to on account of their very high price in Brazil. But first
things first, let's see if you think the widgets are worth developing
further!

Best,
Bob