Architecting the Doc Solution

Gorton, Stephen (Oxygen) Stephen.Gorton at oxygenforbusiness.com
Sun Jan 15 21:57:33 EST 2006

Being a newbie but having a development background with lower level
languages, I agree -completely-.
It would be a great bonus having at least some sort of crossover docs
like c++ -> Rev, from a coding point of view, its just that the syntax
and the way you think about everything is greatly different compared to
other languages.
I've never stuggled so much with another one, -but- I see that when (not
if) I get a handle on this that the development timeline goes from
months to weeks maybe even days.
I get ahead by looking at other revolution code ie: 3party functions
etc... and look and how the syntax is written.
One large searchable/nav stack (library) would be of -huge- benefit to
newbies like me.
Joining this list is another necessity as well.

Mark,

> I think you are right, Judy.  These things ought to come out-of-the-
> box, as well.  Rev resources are plentiful, but newbies aren't going
> to be able to make sense of much of what is available.

I agree.  I love Rev.  But it took me quite a while to come to
grips with it.  Compared to some other languages (which are lower level
than 4GL) I found it tough going at first.  Once beaten though I've
noticed I "change my thought mode" to suit how Rev does things.  However
a lot of people may well not persevere that far.

> It strikes me that one large searchable/navigable stack comprised of
> all of the scripting conferences might be a good thing to ship, and
> easy enough to create.   What a resource.

That would be incredibly useful!

Scott

subscription preferences: