Portable Apps..?

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sun Jan 15 11:36:24 EST 2006

sims wrote:
>>All stated that it would NOT be accepted in any corporate
>>environment in Europe as
>>corporations were banning the use of such devices by people in the office.
>>No employees were allowed to use such a device in the office.

>At 8:18 AM -0800 1/15/06, Rob Cozens wrote:
>I must say I'm surprised to hear this.
>
>From my limited experience, I would guess that many corporate and
>other business enterprises allow employees to take company laptops
>home or on the road with them, use their own computer for company
>business, or to take software and documents home on mass storage to
>work on their own computer after hours.  If the organization allows
>one to take a company computer out of the office, what security is
>gained by prohibiting small mass storage devices in the office?
>
>I cannot imagine trying to run a business of any size without
>allowing some subset of employees access to company computers & data
>off-site and after hours.  If that is allowed, banning the use of
>small mass storage devices seems non sequitur to this foole.

Bongu Rob,

Perhaps the key here is, as you state, "subset of employees".

I stated "people in the office", such as large law offices with
hundreds of secretaries,
or call centers, etc. IOW not the 'tech guys' but people answering
phones, manning
databases, and doing general office work.

Using a flash drive would be a real plus for my project, not a show
stopper though.
It would make it much easier & thereby more profitable if I can use a
flash drive.

Guess the only way to find out is to give it a shot.

ciao,
sims

European Rev Conference  2006
www.techietours.com