Portable Apps..?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Jan 14 12:49:34 EST 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> To me the key then becomes what per centage of users don't have USB
> 2.0...unless you have a song & dance ready to distract them for two
> minutes

Can't you load everything into a RAM disk like thing? for example,
your app shows a "wait while I dress up.", load everything into a ram
disk (A disk image on macs...), then work from there? Disk images
should be very fast, then when you quit the app, it can comit the
changes back to the pendrive... there would be a loading and a saving
delay, but the rest of the user experience should work, or am I
missing something?

(I am late on the thread, internet is weird in here...)

Cheers
andre