importing graphic objects?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jan 12 18:37:37 EST 2006

Recently, Timothy Miller wrote:

> Is it possible to make a graphic object with, say, Illustrator, save
> it, and import it into RR? Will RR make necessary conversions?
> For example, change a Bezier into something RR can digest?

Alejandro Tejada has built some tools for importing Illustrator vectors into
Rev.  As I recall, you must use a version 7 or 8 generated EPS file and
special effects/fills (?) are not supported, though this may have changed
recently.  Some links:

http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/mcEpsImportV03p.zip
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/Eps_Import_V04.zip

> If so, once imported, can I manipulate the graphic with RR's usual
> commands for manipulating graphic objects?

If the importing works, you will wind up with a polygon graphic composed of
a number of points, which can be manipulated with Rev tools.  In my
experience, simpler objects work better.  And you should remember that Rev
currently does not support graphic antialiasing or sub-pixel point
positioning, so the results you get will differ a bit from the native
Illustrator file.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director